Our structure purposefully unites the wide mandate flexibility of a larger institution with the knowledge and agility of a specialist investor.
Corporate Private Investments
- A global investment team that supports a wide array of private middle-market businesses across industries with flexible financing solutions.
- Speed of execution is a hallmark of the Arena Corporate Private Investments team.
- Investments generally $5 million to $50 million, or larger in co-investments with other lenders. Structures include 1st- and 2nd-lien term loans, minority equity, and others.
- Arena’s Corporate Private Investments team welcomes the opportunity to customize solutions based on borrower needs and preferences, with underwriting potentially against earnings, revenue, enterprise value, and/or assets.
Real Estate Private Investments
- With experience globally in the major real estate asset classes and niche property types, this team provides first-mortgage bridge loans and bespoke investment structures including stretch senior financings, subordinated capital, and equity-linked debt for value-add, rescue, and special situations.
- Includes primary commercial lending and secondary-market purchases of loans, real estate-related securities, and interests in private real estate debt funds.
- Investments generally $5 million to $50 million, with LTV/LTC up to 90%.
- Our real estate borrowers include property owners, investors, developers, and operators doing business up and down the real estate capital stack. Arena provides financing and co-lender financing with our partners.
Structured Finance & Assets
Team: Commercial & Industrial Assets
- Working broadly across industries and asset types, this team provides loans to specialty finance companies, originators of commercial and industrial loans, and owners of commercial and industrial assets.
- Arena may also directly purchase certain commercial/industrial assets or securities.
- Investments generally $3 million to $50 million with terms of one to five years.
- The Arena Commercial & Industrial Assets team works creatively with borrowers in challenging or unique situations to offer asset-based loans, revolving credit facilities, senior and mezzanine term loans, receivable factoring purchases, whole loan purchases, and asset purchases.
Structured Finance & Assets
Team: Asset-Backed Securities (ABS)
- A team with a highly flexible approach to originating investments or loans backed by financial assets.
- Underwriting spans vanilla securitized, esoterics, and securitized-adjacent corporates.
- Amounts generally $1 million to $50 million with average term of one to five years.
- With broad experience across industries and asset types (including commercial and consumer), geography, and investment structures, the ABS team adds welcome liquidity for those who want to sell or borrow against asset-backed securities.
Structured Finance & Assets
Team: Consumer Assets
- A team whose ability to recognize value in a wide variety of consumer asset types creates opportunity and flexibility for loan originators and owners of consumer-related assets.
- Collateral can be financial instruments or hard assets, and status can include performing, distressed, and/or non-performing.
- Loans generally $3 million to $50 million with terms of one to five years. Assets may in some cases be directly purchased.
- The Arena Consumer Assets team knows that these assets can present complex challenges in predictability of performance and therefore in valuation. Our experience helps counterparties realize value in these assets.
- A dedicated team providing creative, flexible financing options to companies across the natural resources sector in North America.
- Solutions include reserve-based loans, other asset-based loans, and cash-flow-based loans.
- Investment structures include acquisition and development financings, structured investments (such as convertible debt preferred equity and debt with warrants), recapitalizations, restructurings, exit financings, and leveraged and management buyouts.
- The Natural Resources team brings a deep sector understanding to middle-market oil and gas exploration and production companies, including royalty and mineral aggregators, and companies in metals and mining, agriculture, chemicals, power and utility, and renewable energy.
Secondaries & Liquidity Solutions
- A team that provides capital solutions to all entities in the GP/LP ecosystem including GPs, LPs, investment vehicles, and underlying assets. Invests across all geographies, industries, and asset classes.
- Investments generally $10 million to $50 million.
- Investments include GP‐led transactions such as continuation vehicles, tender offers, preferred/hybrid instruments, and opportunistic co‐investments; LP‐led transactions such as single line items, portfolio transactions, and hedge fund side pockets; and financings to GPs, LPs, investment vehicles, and underlying assets.
- The Secondaries & Liquidity Solutions team can act as lead or syndicate investor and has experience providing bespoke solutions to complex situations.
Asia-Pacific Private Investments
- Based in Singapore, this team employs a multi-strategy approach to invest across geographies, asset classes, and industries. The flexible mandate includes direct lending, asset acquisitions, and the formation of joint ventures.
- A core competency includes the creation of operating and financial partnerships to capitalize on niche opportunity sets.
- Investments generally $5 million to $50 million with an average term of one to five years.
- The APAC team shares the signature Arena capability of underwriting esoteric assets and tailoring investment structures to facilitate financing in unconventional and complex situations.
European Private Investments
- Arena’s London-based team invests directly and through co-investment, JV, and operational partnerships across Europe, meeting borrowers’ needs for industry expertise, flexibility, and speed.
- Focuses include real estate, portfolios of receivables and loans, corporate debt, lease- and collateral-backed financing, and asset-backed or asset-based securities.
- Investments generally $5 million to $50 million with terms from 60 days to four years and LTV/LTC up to 90%.
- The Arena European Private Investments team brings a thorough, multi-factor approach to underwriting. Rather than focus on EBITDA, for example, this team considers the whole “story” to understand revenue, assets (including non-traditional), and overall enterprise value.
- An Arena team that brings the same level of depth, analysis, and idiosyncratic understanding to opportunities in publicly traded securities as Arena does to private transactions.
- Invests globally across the capital structure. Issues include publicly traded bank loans, bonds, convertible securities, preferred shares, common equities, and others.
- Investments underpinned by value that may be derived from traditional or non-traditional assets.
- The Arena Corporate Securities team leverages global relationships with dealers, financial advisors, corporate executives, legal advisors, and others to source high risk-adjusted returns with a focus on downside protection.
Arena’s reach across industry, product, and geography
Arena’s team structure and partnership approach drive our ability to originate flexible financing for those unable to access conventional sources or for whom conventional sources are too restrictive.
By design, we are able to move quickly, assess the value of opportunities in both out-of-favor and in-favor industries, and determine the true value of both traditional and non-traditional assets. We are equally comfortable as merchant partners, financiers, or traders because we understand that in a well-structured transaction, the true drivers of value remain the same across roles.
Our experienced in-house investment teams, combined with our hyper-aligned joint venture partners, enable us to source far more opportunities than our available capital. This lets us be highly diversified and selective as we identify opportunities with optimal risk/reward including low correlation with the market and strong downside protection. Arena’s own capital base is co-invested alongside assets of our clients.
Arena’s agility in transactions is matched by the rigor of our systems and servicing. Our proprietary systems allow us to organize many disparate transactions into a common framework for due diligence, servicing, and controls. Our affiliated servicing entity, Quaestor Advisors, provides return-enhancing surveillance, risk assessment, valuation, and relationship management.